One of the biggest trends of 2015 was coconut oil. People who embrace a healthy lifestyle are swearing by the many benefits cooking with this type of oil provides, and paleo diet fans are among them.
How It Works
Coconut oil contains fatty acids. Most of these fatty acids are saturated fat. In fact, coconut oil is one of the highest sources of saturated fat. However, coconut oil’s fatty acids are metabolized differently than the average saturated fat. This is how it has a positive effect on your health.
The Benefits of Coconut Oil
- Your energy expenditure can increase, which can possibly help weight loss.
- It can help you fight infection, killing bacteria and viruses.
- Coconut oil has been known to suppress your appetite, making it easier to lose weight
- The fatty acids in coconut oil can improve brain disorders, like Alzheimer and seizures.
- It can lower cholesterol and help prevent heart disease.
- Coconut oil is great for damaged, dry skin and hair.
If you haven’t incorporated coconut oil into your paleo diet yet, now is your time to jump in the craze.