Probiotics should be an essential part of your paleo diet. Probiotics are healthy live bacteria. They are beneficial for your overall health but especially for your digestive system. The paleo diet recommends regular consumption.
Benefits of Probiotics
These are a few of the benefits that are found:
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces respiratory infections
- Helps prevent cavities
- Provides colic relief for infants
- Reduces diarrhea episodes
- May help with UTIs and yeast infections
- Keeps your bowel movements regular
Examples of Probiotics
Here are some examples of probiotics that are paleo friendly:
- Sauerkraut (raw)
Be sure to add these to your diet to reinforce your paleo regimen!