Welcome to paleo-diet.co! We look forward to bringing you tips on healthy eating, paleo recipes, and other tips for helping you eat healthily and live a sustainable lifestyle.
Why Eat Paleo?
The Paleo diet is the latest rage. When you start eating Paleo:
- You will be able to enjoy a clean, sustainable diet without additives, harmful preservatives, and chemicals.
- You get a certain anti-inflammatory benefit from eating Paleo from the naturally occurring ingredients, like fruits, vegetables, oils, nuts, and seeds.
- You will be getting more iron through increased vegetable and red meat as part of your regular diet.
- You will feel fuller after a meal because you will have a higher intake of protein.
- Many people start to lose weight because the feel full after a meal and because of the limited food choices.
What Can You Eat on the Paleo Diet?
The paleo diet emphasizes natural foods and moves away from carbohydrates. You will be cutting a lot of wheat, breads, and pastas out of your meal. What exactly can you eat?
- Organically grown meats, including chicken, turkey, pork, and other meats.
- Fish, seafood, and shellfish.
- A modest amount of fruit.
- Vegetables without starch, including lettuce, asparagus, Brussels spouts, and mostly green vegetables.
- Eggs (you can eat a lot of eggs).
- Plant-based oils, such as olive, walnut, grape seed, and more. The best oil for the Paleo diet is coconut oil.